sparkESSENTIAL, sparkPRO and sparkCHINA are not mobile apps.
The parents may choose to have a mobile app; spark@HOME
– it isn’t best practice or desirable for mobile phones to be in the classroom for child protection reasons.
– although mainly ‘mobile-friendly’ it is easier to use spark on a bigger screen (and small tablets are more likely to go down the toilet or be thrown)
– on sparkESSENTIAL, sparkPRO and sparkCHINA you can still use the software alongside reports you may have downloaded which is very convenient as you don’t lose your place or need to use two devices
– spark is a huge program and our efforts have concentrated on giving the functions required to keep moving practice forward rather than being constricted by an app
– some IT systems do provide an app but then need syncing between the app and the main software
It is possible to have an icon on each tablet home-screen for logging on, but most sparkUSERs don’t bother as the URL address is remembered by each device’s browser.